Annual/Special Town Meeting - Monday, June 22 at 7 PM Pine Grove School
Annual Town Election - Tuesday, June 16, 2020
Noon to 8 PM
St. Mary’s Hall, 202 Main St., Rowley
- Two 3-year term on the Board of Selectmen.
- One 3-year term on the Board of Assessors.
- One 5-year term on the Planning Board.
- One 5-year term on the Housing Authority.
- One 3-year term on the Municipal Light Board.
- One 1-year unexpired term on the Municipal Light Board.
- One 3-year term on the Water Board.
- One 3-year term on the Cemetery Commission.
- One 3-year term on the Shellfish Commission.
- Three 3-year terms as Library Trustees.
- Three 3-year terms on Triton School Committee (One each Rowley, Newbury and Salisbury)
Details and Deadlines:
- Nomination Papers are available at the Town Clerk’s Office.
- Any resident registered to vote in the Town of Rowley may run for office in Town Elections.
- Nominations require a minimum of 33 registered voter signatures
- Last day and Hour to obtain Nomination Papers was: Noon Friday, March 20th
- Last day and hour to submit Nomination Papers for certification is: Noon, Tuesday, March 24th
- Last day and hour to register to vote in the Annual Town Election is: 5 PM, Friday, June 5th
- Last day and hour to apply for an ATE Absentee Ballot is: Noon, Monday, June 15th
- Town Elections run from Noon to 8PM while State Elections (and Primaries) run from 7 AM to 8 PM
- Per MGL 51:26 and 28, the last day and hour to register to vote in an election or to change party enrollment (for a primary) is 8PM on the twentieth day prior to said election date. In accordance with the law, the Rowley Town Clerk’s office will be open to accommodate this deadline. Please note it is also possible to register to vote online at Mass.gov/elections but the 8PM deadline still holds.
- Absentee Ballot applications are available online at this website - see HOW DO I? or at mass.gov/elections.
- Absentee Ballots are available until noon on the day prior to the election/primary..
- Specimen Ballots for State or Town Elections, Annual or Special Town Meetings will be posted as soon as available.
- The rules above apply according to law in regular times - the rules are changing almost daily during this COVID-19 Health Emergency. We will keep you posted
- To avoid confusion at the polls –check your voting status at mass.gov/elections or at the Town Clerk’s Office.