2018 Election Calendar
Annual/Special Town Meeting - Monday, April 30, 2018
Pine Grove School Gymnasium, Main St. Rowley
PLEASE NOTE: Due to PGS Construction, the ATM/STM will be held in the PGS Gymnasium and consequently there will be no live RCM feed. The meeting(s) will be taped and shown at a later date.
Annual Town Election - Tuesday, May 8, 2018
St. Mary’s Hall, 202 Main St., Rowley
Nomination papers for the Annual Town Election will be available Tuesday, Jan. 2nd
Last day and hour to draw Nomination papers is Friday, March 16th a noon
Registration deadline: 8 PM Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Eighteen (18) seats will be on the May Ballot:
- One 3-year term on the Board of Selectmen
- One 3-year term as Moderator
- One 3-year term as Town Clerk
- One 3-year term as Treasurer/collector
- One 3-year term as Highway Surveyor
- One 3-year term on the Board of Assessors
- One 5-year term on the Planning Board
- One 3-year term on the Municipal Light Board
- One 3-year term on the Water Board
- One 3-yeaar term on the Cemetery Commission
- One 3-year term on the Shellfish commission
- One 3-year term as Constable
- Three 3-year terms as Library Trustees
- Three 3-year terms on Triton School Committee One each Rowley, Newbury and Salisbury
Fall Special Town Meeting
Date and location to be determined, if necessary
State Primary – Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2018
7 AM to 8 PM at St. Mary’s Hall, 202 Main St., Rowley
Registration deadline: 8 PM Wednesday, August 15th.
State General Election – Tuesday, November 6, 2018
7 AM to 8 PM @ St. Mary’s Hall, 202 Main St., Rowley
Registration deadline: 8 PM Wednesday, November 17th
- Town Elections run from Noon to 8PM while State Elections (and Primaries) run from 7 AM to 8 PM
- Per MGL 51:26 and 28, the last day and hour to register to vote in an election or to change party enrollment (for a primary) is 8PM on the twentieth day prior to said election date. In accordance with the law, the Rowley Town Clerk’s office will be open to accommodate this deadline. Please note it is also possible to register to vote online at Mass.gov/elections but the 8PM deadline still holds.
- Absentee Ballot applications are available at the Town Clerk’s Office or at mass.gov/elections.
- Absentee Ballots are available until noon on the day prior to the election/primary.
- I assume EARLY VOTING will be offered again for the State Election. Early Voting is NOT available for Town Elections at this time.
- Specimen Ballots for State or Town Elections, Annual or Special Town Meetings will be posted as soon as available.
- To avoid confusion at the polls –check your voting status at mass.gov/elections or at the Town Clerk’s Office.