CANCELLATION: January 26, 2015 Special Selectmen's meeting for a Public Hearing on the proposed reconstruction of Central Street project has been re-scheduled for Monday, February 23, 2015 at 7:30 p.m., due to inclement weather.
TOWN HALL, TOWN HALL ANNEX, THE SENIOR CENTER AND THE ROWLEY PUBLIC LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSED ON TUESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2015 AND WILL RE-OPEN AT 12:00 NOON ON WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 28, 2015, DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER.
Town of Rowley
Press Release; Winter Storm Advisory 26 January 2015
The significantly large winter storm event identified for the Town of Rowley area is expected to start around 1:00 a.m. on Tuesday the 27th of January. The local emergency management agency (REMA) has met with the appropriate town officials and developed a public safety action plan. Storm system updates and safety information will be posted on the town website, cable T.V. and other social media sites.
Storm Information: The storm is forecast to bring up to 15 inches of snow by 10:00 am on Tuesday with up to another 15 inches possible during the remainder of the day. Dangerous wind conditions with 40 M.P.H. sustained and 60 - 70 M.P.H. gusts are expected throughout the course of the storm. Temperatures at below zero levels are expected to follow the storm on Wednesday night. Moderate seacoast flooding with 20 to 25 foot seas will be experienced at coastal locations.
Plan of Action: All Rowley residents are urged to prepare for this storm and expect to stay in their homes at least until early Wednesday. Emergency services will be available throughout the storm although it should be expected that response times may be slightly delayed. The following safety guidelines and points of information are advised;
• A State of Emergency has been declared by the Governor for the entire State.
• Roadway travel restrictions (Emergency Vehicles only) will go into effect at 12:00 a.m. Tuesday.
• The Rowley Board of Selectmen will meet in Emergency session at 5 pm to declare the local State of Emergency.
• Rowley Town Hall, Rowley Town Hall Annex & Senior Center, and the Rowley Public Library will be closed on Tuesday, January 27, 2015 and re-opening at noon on Wednesday, January 29, 2015.
• If you live alone you may want to relocate with close-by family.
• Have sufficient provisions; food, medicine, batteries for flashlights.
• Insure that in-home medical equipment has a backup power source.
• Be extra cautious using snow blowers and shoveling.
• In the event of phone service disruption the Rowley DPW snowplows can be waved down in an emergency.
• In the event of power outages DO NOT use outside-only grills and cookers within homes and buildings.
• Backup generators, if used must be placed a sufficient distance from the home to avoid dangerous fumes.
• Local news and weather stations will be tracking the storm system.
• Smart Phone Apps; Ping4.alerts and Massachusetts. alerts provide constant updates.
• Town Hall will be closed all day Tuesday and expected to reopen at 12:00 noon on Wednesday.
• Please assist in our public safety efforts by keeping fire hydrants clear.
The Town of Rowley Emergency Management Agency in conjunction with all town emergency services will be available throughout the storm to provide safety and security for all residents. You are encouraged to assist in this endeavor by remaining in your homes for as long as possible during this winter storm event.
Open Space and
Recreational Plan Update (Draft)
Click here for more information.
Updated Coastal Flood Insurance Rate Maps for Rowley.
Click here to learn more.
Upcoming events at the Library
Current month's artist displays at the Library. Click here to learn more.
Book Club. Click here to learn more.
Writer's Event. Click here to learn more.
Welcome to the town of Rowley's web site. Your input is always welcome. Club, organizations and businesses wishing to be included on our links pages may use the contact form to email their requests to us.
Septic System Loans Available at 2%
The Board of Health, through the Mass Water Pollution Abatement Trust, has funds available for loans at 2 percent to Rowley homeowners for assistance repairing failed septic systems. Please contact the Board of Health office at 978-948-2231 for more information and fund availability.
2015 MOSQUITO CONTROL / PESTICIDE PROPERTY EXCLUSION INFORMATION
If you would like to be excluded from the Northeast Mosquito Control pesticide spraying activities for the 2015 season, please send a certified letter to the Rowley Town Clerk through U.S. Postal Service prior to March 1, 2015. Please CLICK HERE for the official press release and CLICK HERE for the property exclusion template from Northeast Mosquito Control.